Since, phpMyAdmin’s interface is based entirely in your browser, you’ll need a web server (such as Apache, IIS) to install phpMyAdmin’s files into.
- You need PHP 5.3.0 or newer, with session support, the Standard PHP Library (SPL) extension, JSON support, and the mbstring extension.
- To support uploading of ZIP files, you need the PHP zip extension.
- You need GD2 support in PHP to display inline thumbnails of JPEGs (“image/jpeg: inline”) with their original aspect ratio.
- When using the cookie authentication (the default), the mcrypt extension is strongly suggested for most users and is required for 64–bit machines. Not using mcrypt will cause phpMyAdmin to load pages significantly slower.
- To support upload progress bars, see 2.9 Seeing an upload progress bar.
- To support XML and Open Document Spreadsheet importing, you need the libxml extension.
- Performance suggestion: install the ctype extension.
phpMyAdmin supports MySQL-compatible databases.
- MySQL 5.5 or newer
- MariaDB 5.5 or newer